Saturday, March 20, 2010

Okay, so this wasn't taken today, but I was in my room studying for most of the day and didn't get a chance to go out and snap a shot


Here's a photo taken of my string of Christmas lights in my room last year. I was lying in bed one night, and had left them on for a while. Suddenly, I thought "Hey, that'd make an awesome photo!" So, I grabbed my camera from off of my desk (a Canon Powershot Sd770) and started to take photos of individual bulbs. I used the macro setting on the camera to get a clear, focused shot of the bulb in the foreground, and the lights in the background are completely blurred. I have a secret (okay, maybe not so secret) adoration for the spirit of Christmas time and winter, and I thought a shot like this would capture the spirit of the holidays nicely.

Also: I am super excited for the arrival of my new camera! I just bought a Canon Rebel XS and can't wait to have it in my possession.

Alright, it's late; that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment